Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tavin Wants to Grow Up

We've had a nice few days around the house the last few days. Koen seems to be acclimating back to normal life here in the Burgh. Tavin, on the other hand, continues to change daily, even hourly. The last few days at my parents' house, he was getting very independent with sitting up. He is now fully there. It is so fun! The poor thing has spent much of the months since he was born, lying on his back watching the rest of us. In recent months, he endures the exersaucer for some vertical stand-up time. And he absolutely hates tummy time. The last few days as he sits up, he just seems like he wants to move. I think he is desiring to crawl so badly, but he doesn't like being on his tummy. It's so frustrating to watch! I'm trying to help him practice. He had a short session that was somewhat helpful I think today (it literally lasted about 90 seconds). Hopefully we'll make some more progress in the days to come. I don't really want him to crawl. I'm really sad to see him grow up in so many ways (although I totally am excited to see him grow up in other ways). I just love him as my sweet baby Tavin. Plus, crawling is really going to complicate playtime with Koen. Tavin has his eye on everything Koen touches. When he is crawling, it is going to be quite a learning curve for Tavin and I as we adjust to "sharing." It should be interesting! Tavin right now just whines and grunts and flaps his arms from wherever he is sitting at whatever Koen is doing. That is why I can just tell he is not content to stay put anymore, my guess is he is going to make this advance to crawling as quickly as he can. He just isn't content being on the sidelines anymore.

Here are a few pictures of some "love time" we had before Tavin's afternoon nap. Enjoy the video too!

No comments:

Post a Comment