Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Boys in the Backyard


After lunch today we played in the backyard. I'm absolutely loving that Tavin can sit up now. It makes things easier and more fun for all of us. I can be mobile without lugging him everywhere I go and he can get some exercise and move around and be more content. Koen loves it because he can give him hugs and snuggles whenever he wants. This is getting to be a bit of a downer though because he is getting a little too rough (I should've figured it would happen eventually). He seems to be curious (ah, that human nature!) about what is too rough, too tight, too hard and hmmm, what happens when I knock little brother down on "accident." Poor Tavin, just the beginning I'm sure. He's not violent or anything, just seeing how far he can go or something.

Anyways, the backyard was fun despite some of these "testing" hugs for Tavin. Koen loves playing with his trucks in this cooler, less sunny weather we've been having the last few days. Tavin enjoys thinking about crawling without being on his tummy. I'm convinced that when he crawls it will be straight from sitting up and with no pressure put on his tummy. =)

The boys did well this morning (despite the fact we ran a bunch of errands and Tavin basically had no nap!) and then after our nice lunch and time in the backyard, they both had long afternoon naps, yay! They are rousing now though, so I should end my post. I'm exhausted, by the way, prepping dinner, baking bread and cleaning 2 bathrooms and getting some work done is exhausting to squish into 2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment