Friday, August 14, 2015

Some More Janse Man

Jansen is so much fun.  Every day he does something new and every day I'm so thankful for this fourth little guy we were blessed to add to our family.  I have a few images/videos to share to get a glimpse of him this week.

Now that Jansen is six months, I've adjusted his schedule to just two naps (dropped his evening catnap).  He adapted really well, but most nights he's a little cranky and sleepy for the last 30 minutes or so before I get him to bath and bed.  A walk can get him through it with no problem, but usually I'm bustling around getting the kids through dinner, so Jansen often rides it out in the Ergobaby.  I gotta say, I love this special time when he's just riding around on me.  He leans back and smiles or munches on a pacifier and his arms are around my chest and his legs are straddled around my hips and although I don't have the hands to hold him because I'm busy, he's close and I cherish that feeling!  So, Janse, feel free to keep fussy time for awhile, I just don't mind one bit.
Jansen has been very chatty with coos and oohs and ahhhs this week.  I guess he has a lot on his mind?  I took a quick video of him making his sweet noises before his morning nap earlier this week.  Note the big brothers coming through the monitor as they are playing loudly upstairs.  But listen for the coos, so sweet!
Janse loves to be included in whatever his brothers are doing.  He is especially interested in meals and food right now.  Here he is joining Doug and Penn for some cereal at breakfast (well, he didn't eat any, but he sure tried to grab the bowl a few times!).
And what's a blog post about Jansen without some pictures of him in his favorite toy, the jumparoo?  New face pose in it this week though.  He's super into his tongue!  So cute!
And adorable classic Jansen smile.  CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment