Wednesday, August 26, 2015

First Day of School 2015

Koen is an old pro at this whole first day of school thing at this point.  He seemed relatively excited, but Tavin put a whole new definition to that word.  He just could not wait to start this school year!  Here are the two school-age Melder boys at breakfast (I made them blueberry muffins and cheesy scrambled eggs for a healthy, delicious start).  
Then I had to take pics on the front porch of course.  Here's my Kindergartner!  Can't believe it!!

And my very cool and confident 3rd grader.
Doug let me be the one to take the boys to school.  And yet again, we took pictures of course...  Tavin is sooooo happy!
And Koen is well, "too cool for school."
Koen and I walked Tavin into his classroom.  Tavin was happy and excited, absolutely comfortable and not nervous at all.  It was an easy and joyful drop off.  I'm so happy for him to have this experience.  And he is clearly happy!
I didn't want to embarrass Koen with a picture in his classroom, so I held myself back.  I just got him dropped off and said hi to his teacher and then it was back home for me.  I figured I would cry the whole way home, but I did OK.  We had a lovely summer and I pray this will be a good year for the boys at this school where we feel they are well cared for and loved.  When I got home, Penn did a great job of getting my mind off of sentimental things.  He was his hilarious self.  For instance, I turned around from doing dishes at the sink and look what I find... (He was saying, "Look, I'm a baby!")    
Well, that's the first day of school drop-off.  The boys arrived home from the bus around 3:40pm and they were happy and everything had gone well.  Big sigh of relief.  I guess we are really doing this.  Summer is really over.  The school year has begun.  I miss my boys already.

No comments:

Post a Comment