Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pop-In at Nana & Pop-Pop's

We've been keeping our minds on the lookout for a good opportunity to get the boys out to Nana and PopPop's this summer and earlier this week Doug decided this Friday would be just such a thing.  This time of year is a blast to visit Nana and PopPop because they have a huge yard with an abundant garden and there is always hands-on work to do in the yard in the kitchen with all that produce.  

Doug left on Friday morning with Koen, Tav and Penn.  They got there in time for lunch and to spend the remainder of the day with Nana and PopPop.  Yay!  

Jansen and I had a nice day together.  The highlight was a long walk we took to Lawrenceville to visit my friend, Taylor, who just had her first...a little boy, Fitz.  I was hoping to get a picture of Fitz and Jansen together, but Jansen is huge in comparison and probably would've rolled right on top of him!!  Here's a sweet picture of Fitz sleeping though!



The boys all slept well (and I was a little jealous, Doug shared a bed with Penn, cute snuggle buddy! (although Doug did say he snored all night, so maybe not so fun)).  On Saturday morning they got to pick all sorts of things from the garden including cantaloupe, honeydew melon, blueberries, grapes, blackberries, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and squashes.  Koen and Nana worked in the kitchen too making huge jars of bread and butter pickles (a favorite Nana canned good around here).  I didn't get many pictures, as I believe Doug had his hands full with all the activity and the three boys, but I did get this cute one of Penn and one of Nana's dogs.  Looks like he was pretty friendly with her!
Doug also took this really great one of Koen and Kenzie.  A boy and "his" dog!
Jansen and I really enjoyed our time together, 
but although I LOVED the change of pace, the quiet, my ability to be uber productive and still have time for some downtime, my heart aches a little bit when we are not all together.  I just love our family unit and the fullness that brings to my life, it just doesn't feel quite right when we are not together.  So, we were thrilled to welcome the boys all back Saturday afternoon.  And wow, they brought so much beautiful produce from Nana and PopPop's garden.  Here's a few pictures to showcase just a portion of it.  Gorgeous!  


Thanks so much, Nana and PopPop, I'm having fun planning our Melder Menu for the week around this fresh, delicious, healthy food you provided for us!  And thanks for hosting 4 out of 6 of us for a visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment