Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fun Sunday with Aunt Abbie

It was great to have Abbie along today for the Sunday routine.  I love the adult company on a day when it's usually just me and the boys, not to mention the extra hands to help with said boys!  Abbie and I have been a good team with the boys, but we and the boys are all ready to have Doug get home!  I'm ready for Daddy to be here and so are they.  Abbie and I were eating breakfast quickly after the boys did and we were just listening to the chaos in the living room and we were absolutely losing it laughing about the din, the fighting, the hilarity of it all.  We've officially reached the slap-happy phase!

We had an eventful ride to church.  Oddly, it wasn't the boys fault either (usually our drive to church is intense banter, silliness or a combo of both).  Today it was totally my fault.  Abbie can attest that I was driving nice and slowly down Fifth Ave. when I approached a green light turning yellow in a big intersection.  I went for it, but the yellow was fast and I was traveling slow and of course as it turned red and I was under it I noticed a Pitt Police SUV at the other side of the intersection.  My heart raced and I eventually pulled over (not easy on a 4 lane busy street).  Thankfully the police officer that came up to the van was kind and didn't rub it in my face.  I apologized of course.  He asked where we were going (church) and he also glanced back at the three adorable boys in the back.  I think he looked up our plate too and saw that thankfully we don't have anything on record recently, so thankfully he let us off without even an official warning.  Ahhh...  The boys were absolutely silent during this whole situation and then after we pulled away (oh so carefully and stopping at every yellow light).  But once the boys started asking questions it was a fantastic way to easily talk about the concept of grace.  I deserved a ticket because I did something wrong.  The police officer gave me grace and let me go free without any consequence.  I think it really hit home since they had just watched it all happen.

So, after our practical church lesson on the road, we arrived to real church a little late.  It was a lovely service and just what I needed to release those jitters from the scare (especially the sweet snuggles I got from Penn during worship).

After church we headed over to Mellon Park for Bach, Beethoven and Brunch.  We enjoyed a picnic.  Not the best pic of the boys, but Abbie looks cute!
Abbie and Tavin went up to check out the orchestra and when they returned Penn wanted to go with Abbie himself.  Abbie was thrilled since Penn can be a little bit of a momma's boy when I'm around, so she went right back with Penn.  I just love seeing them palling around together!

Ab's a lot more fun than I am.  When her favorite song of the day started, she got the boys up and dancing.  The moves were quite interesting all around.


Around noon we headed across the street to the playground and spray park at Mellon.  The big boys were thrilled to run around in the sprinklers, but Penn stuck to the playground.  He did a lot on his own, but he absolutely LOVED doing the bumpy bridge with Aunt Abbie.  He was laughing his head off.  

It was a great morning.  Exhausting as most mornings are, but great.  Abbie and I laughed our way through lots of it.  We are thinking we are due for some sister time when Doug gets home and can take over on Daddy duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment