Monday, June 16, 2014

The Tavin Ar Show

Taking the boys to the air show last weekend has proved to be a fabulous investment in summer fun that has far outlasted that 6 hour experience.  It's redirected some of our library book requests (I think I've requested every age-appropriate book about the Blue Angels and Air Show airplanes) and it has definitely over-archingly been THE best new game to play (especially for Tav).  I have now seen not just one air show, but probably 25 since last Saturday if you count all the shows Koen, Tavin and even Penn have put on for me.  The other night Koen was at a Pirates game with Doug, so Tavin and I had some special time before bed just the two of us and I let him do an air show just for me with my complete attention.  I think it was the best part of both of our days.  Here's just a glimpse.  I really should've taken a video, but I think I was enjoying watching him play too much to be behind the camera that much. =)


Tavin is extremely specific about backing up his planes, taxiing them down the runway and their different types of take-offs depending on the type of aircraft.  He remembers so many details from the tricks and stunts we saw at the airshow and replicates them with his little planes.  I knew he liked the show, but I had no idea he was paying such good attention!  

No comments:

Post a Comment