Friday, June 27, 2014

My Actual Birthday

After such a crazy fun (and exhausting) weekend, my actual birthday, the 23rd, was nice and low key.  Ahhhh....  We actually had some new blinds installed on the first floor, which was a fun birthday present for me (goodbye super dusty miniblinds that were who knows how old!).  In the afternoon a dear friend, Kylie, stopped by with a surprise bouquet of flowers and a chocolate banana smoothie.  It made me feel so loved!  And I haven't had fresh flowers to play with and arrange in awhile, so I enjoyed doing that favorite activity on my birthday. 
The plan for the evening was just to grill out at home, but Doug had the great idea of going out to Mad Mex. It's a favorite spot for us.  Doug and I have our dishes that we enjoy and they have an amazing kids deal that the boys just devoured yet again.  The kids meal includes a brownie with ice cream for dessert, so the boys enjoyed indulging on my behalf for my birthday.
I'm feeling very blessed with all that my 34 years have held, especially grateful for my family, friends and particularly my husband and my boys.  And I'm looking forward to seeing what this year holds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment