Friday, June 27, 2014

Kidz Gig 2014

This week was Kidz Gig, our church's version of Vacation Bible School.  The boys were super excited for this fun, busy week.  I was excited for the extra quiet time with Penn. =)

On Tuesday it was "Crazy Hair Day."  I got to snap a picture before they went off to camp.  Now in this picture, with their hair off their faces.  They absolutely look like brothers.  I love it!
Today was the family picnic at the close of the 5-day camp.  It was a lot of fun.  The boys enjoyed their whole week at Kidz Gig.  A huge thank you to everyone who volunteered and served to make it a success!  I loved getting a glimpse of what the boys were up to when I volunteered on Tuesday and then even more so today at the picnic.  Tavin LOVED the inflatable obstacle course.  He did it over and over and over.  I got to catch him coming down the final slide.
Penn saw Koen playing soccer with some big boys and totally wanted in on the action.  We found another ball and he played with some smaller friends.  
Koen LOVED playing soccer and it was a good chance for me to see his aptitude for it and how much he enjoys it.  He's on the far right dribbling the ball in the picture below.
I was happy I got a few action shots for Daddy.  It might be time we get this kid on a little soccer team of some sort.  Koen self-proclaimed that he was like the World Cup guys the way he was playing so hard and got so hot, red and sweaty!

We had to leave a little before 1:30pm to get Penn down for nap and the boys looked like they might spontaneously combust they were so hot and sweaty!  It was a fun family time though and I'm just so thankful that the week in all went so well for the staff, volunteers and especially the kids that were a part of it.  Thanks again to everyone responsible for pulling it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment