Monday, March 31, 2014

My Little Monday Men

Today started off in the 30's, but made it into the 60's.  Since I had seen the weather, I knew I had to spend the majority out of the day outdoors.  Doug had plans to bust Koen out of school early for the Pirates home opener (someone gave them tickets, thanks, Pat!!) so they were going to take advantage of the day too.  But Tav really didn't seem to mind when he found out.  He was excited for the regular, fantastic Monday Mommy, Tavin, Penn Rye time.  We took a walk to the library, then to Tav's speech therapy session - pic break...reading library books while waiting for speech therapist...so cute!,
then to the grocery store, then back home.  The boys ate en route (we were out and about for 2 and 1/2 hours!).  So when we arrived home they were ready to run around and play.  I got them right into the backyard while I got some things done in the kitchen before joining them out there.  They are amazing playmates.  They entertain themselves or play together.  Tav made up a great game for them where he threw tennis balls the length of the yard and then they raced to retrieve them.  Tav won every time, but Penn thought it was the best thing ever.  I had to run out and take a picture of the brother buddies.  Oh my goodness.  I cannot take the cuteness!
Here's the picture Koen and Doug sent from the Pirates stadium.  They had a blast.  Can you tell?  (And for you non-Pittsburghers, that's a pierogie, a Polish potato dumpling thing).
They also sent this cool video for Tav.  Some Air Force paratroopers dropped out of an airplane at the beginning of the game.  Pretty impressive!  Koen loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment