Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lost & Found!!

So for Christmas Douglas got me a new camera to replace my dying one.  It was a thoughtful gift for sure.  Unfortunately it wasn't as straightforward as he had hoped.  The one he originally purchased and gave to me as a surprise on Christmas we weren't really happy with, so we sent it back.  The one we got to replace it is a practical, affordable, yet good quality Canon PowerShot.  I've been enjoying to get to know it and practice the different functions and facets.  You have to pop out the memory card to transfer the photos to your computer.  Although this is easy (no cord needed), it's a little nerve-racking to constantly be working with the small chip that holds your precious photos.  Anyways, it's been working out fine until the other night when I was preparing to write a blog post about Tav's preschool picture day and also had some Penn photos to share (of course).  I ejected the memory card to transfer the photos and it literally soared into the air above me and dropped down into the side slit of the sofa cushion.  It went all the way down to the bottom of the chair.  I couldn't reach it.  What are the odds?  It was like I was on a sitcom or something.  After my shock, I felt all around underneath the chair and finally felt it through the fabric that covers the bottom of the chair.  Doug came to the rescue and slit open the fabric carefully and grabbed the memory card from the bottom of the chair (we also discovered 11 cents...woo hoo!).  So blog followers, you owe it all to Doug.  Not only did he buy a camera for me to keep the photos coming, he also bravely rescued the memory card so you could see these photos it held.  So here are the lost and found photos...

Last Tuesday was Tav's preschool picture day.  We did some photos to practice before he left.  It's tough to tell how the real photos will turn out.  But either way they will be precious to me!



Back at home I had some fun getting a few sweet pictures of Penn as he enjoyed one of his new favorite spots...a lookout to all the activity happening on the roadway outside.  




No comments:

Post a Comment