Saturday, March 15, 2014

Two Impromptu

On Tuesday (yes, I'm a little behind on the blog), we had such a fun day including two impromptu playdates.  It was in the 60's at the high of the day so my goal was to spend as much time as possible outdoors.  Check!  I walked with Penn for a meeting at Tav's preschool, then headed farther on a walk to my friend Jen's house to kill the time between the meeting's end and preschool pickup.  I had only had this great brainstorm that morning and I was so thrilled that Jen and the kids were home.  Penn was delighted to play with some new toys and get to know Michael and Lydia some more (the last time they hung out Penn wasn't really playful yet).  They got so comfortable with each other that at one point without us prompting it they all sat down on the top stair together, just hanging out.  How precious.
After our nice visit I walked back to the preschool to pickup Tav and we had a lovely walk home (how could it not be after this long winter...so great to be out in the mild temps and sunshine!).  Well, later in the afternoon I couldn't wait to get back out into it (especially since Tav didn't end up napping and Penn woke up early from his), so we texted our friend Jennifer up the street to see if she and the kids would be out.  Sure enough they were headed outside too.  The boys have been dying to go play at "Perry's" and they were all thrilled and had a blast.


I was so thankful on Tuesday for these fun opportunities to reconnect with friends and get our kids together.  I love seeing them grow little friendships while I'm maintaining mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment