Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Patient Penn

Penn's age and birth order lends him towards just going with the flow, playing wherever he is and rolling with the punches, but I am also convinced that he has one of those pleasant personalities and it proves over and over to be such a gift.  Almost every week he attends both of Tav's speech therapy sessions from the adjoining observation room with me (and I'm decked out in huge earphones so I can listen in to Tav's session).  Usually Penn just plays with the same few toys in the room and then spends some time cuddling on my lap when he gets bored of them.  Monday we had a very exciting surprise...new toys in the observation room.  See how happy Penn was!  We enjoyed playing with the boxes containing an object of the letter on the box and Penn loved sending the polar bear and gorilla through the jungle/arctic Fisher Price scape.  I was happy he got to play with some new things, but mostly I'm continually thankful for this happy, healthy, go-with-the-flow little pal with whom I get to share my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment