Monday, March 31, 2014

Indoor Hockey Rink = My Dining Room

These are the types of things that happen when you are a mom of boys.  The hardwood floor turns into ice.  The trucks littering the living room become zambonis and ice crews standing by for the next time they are called out to smooth the ice for the players and yes, my 4 and 6 year old become the Pens' goalies (Zatkoff and Fleury).  I had to record a little glimpse of their inventive game.  It has literally pre-occupied any time the two of them are hanging out here in the house for over a week now.  I'm so thankful for this game to get us through what is hopefully the last days of the long winter and the cabin fever that has resulted from it!  (PS - On Sunday, the day these videos were shot, we woke up to 30 degree temps and snow!).
After taking that last one that mostly highlighted Tav goals, I told K I would take another video until he got a goal.  This video is about 12 seconds long.  He was thrilled. =)
Thanks to the Pittsburgh Penguins for inspiring this fantastic game that helps the boys get some competitive and physical exercise out at the tail end of this crazy long winter!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment