Wednesday, May 29, 2013

First Sprinkler of the Season!

I know it's not June 21st yet, but summer is officially here for us.  We used the sprinkler!  Tonight I knew I had to be around the house for some dinner prep, but I also knew that the boys were like dynamite at each other's throat.  We needed something new, something to distract from the usual back and forth yelling, teasing and escalating disagreements!  I figured being outside and getting wet was a good option.  It worked!  The boys were so happy to be playing in the sprinkler.  It took them both quite a bit of the time to be brave and jump through it (especially Tav) as this early in the season the water still comes out pretty cold.  Here are the action shots I got to mark the event (of course).


I fed Penn on the back porch so that he could watch the activity.  He was entranced of course.
Koen wanted me to take a video (and he narrates).  Then Tavin jumped in and wanted to perform as well, which is just so precious.  Enjoy!
While we were out enjoying the sprinkler, we heard from Doug that he was on his way home with our van.  I haven't really laid into it on the blog, but we have been carless for over a week due to a weird computer issue on the van.  Ugh.  Anyways, after much drama and frustration, the dealership was able to fix it today.  Then Doug was the hero for arriving there this evening 1 minute before close to bring the van home and let us resume some normalcy to our schedule with our own car.  I had the boys stage a "yay for awesome Daddy" picture to text to him.  Turns out it's awesome (and by the way, I do feed these boys).
Well, the sprinkler was a big hit.  Hopefully it'll stay that way all summer.  What a great post-nap/pre-dinner activity!  Here's to Summer 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment