Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bayou Bound, Part 4 (& Back in the Burgh)

I think blogging has me running away with alliteration.  Look at that blog post title!  Anyways, yesterday was mine and Penn's last day in Florida.  In the morning, Penn and Eleanor hung out in their PJ's playing in the living room again. I just loved how comfortable he was with her.  Family is so important to me, so it's such a blessing to see the little ones together.  Penn looks like he's keeping an eye on his big girl cousin!
Little Miss Eleanor doesn't like to sit still for long for the camera, but she gave me a "cheese" on her way up.  Such a sweetheart!
Penn and I went out to lunch with Phil and Leah.  Penn's still in his PJ's (like I said, it was a relaxed vacation weekend!).  Look at my little guy (with an oatmeal mustache) with my big bro!  Pretty special!
When we got back, I had Phil show off his model seaplane for Tavin.  Koen will appreciate it too, but Tav has a thing for seaplanes right now.  I can't wait to show him these pics!!  
While Penn took a nap before our airport departure, I played in the backyard with Eleanor.  I had a special snuggle moment with her in her playhouse.  I already miss her so much.  She really stole my heart.  It was bad enough having my brother live far away, now I've fallen for his little girl too!


Soon after these pics, Phil, Penn and I left for the airport.  Our plane didn't take off from Florida until 5:30pm, so after almost Penn's full day in Florida, we had about 6 hours of travel.  Penn was amazing as usual.  I feel soooo blessed (especially after a packed flight from FL with a dozen screaming babies on it while mine cooed, played and ate happily).  We got home to Pittsburgh around midnight.  It was a long day altogether, but I was so glad we had so much of the day with Phil, Leah, Eleanor and Elizabeth and then could just cram our travel into the evening.  Thanks so much to Phil & Leah for the great hospitality.  I'm already brainstorming about when I can get back down to see you all (or should I say, "y'all")!

No comments:

Post a Comment