Friday, May 3, 2013

Bayou Bound, Part 1

This weekend Penn and I have the special treat of flying down to Florida so that I can be with my brother, his wife and their two daughters.  The occasion for the trip is to meet their newest addition, Elizabeth, but really, I didn't need much of an excuse.  I've been missing family, I love hanging out with my brother and wife, Leah, and well, they live in paradise.  Tavin and Doug took Penn and I to the airport yesterday morning.  I was so thrilled that Tavin was completely fine with Mommy "leavin' on a jet plane."  He seemed so thrilled to be looking forward to a few days with Dad (and not to mention he and Koen can NOT stop talking about the impending visit from Nana and cousin, Casey on Saturday/Sunday).  Penn was amazing on the plane rides despite the fact he's still getting over the weird cold/virus that blew through Tav, Penn and I this past week or so.  Here he is all ramped and ready to go!
And right after liftoff he was ready to nap, so I smuggled my travel bed into position, laid him in and after one sad, pitiful cry he put his thumb in his mouth and passed out.  
Tavin had a great morning with Doug.  Look at this super happy picture I received upon landing for our connection in Chicago.  I think he's regaining his strength and silly stamina!
Doug took Koen and Tavin to Highland Park after Koen got out of school.  These are such sweet (and dilapidated) brother pictures.  Koen was dressed for "crazy day" at school, that's why his shirt is inside out and unbuttoned. =)

The rest of mine and Penn's travel day went very well, although Penn was exhausted of course.  He's such a trooper and great traveler.  He even pretty much adjusted to the time change in our first evening and went to sleep at his normal time, sleeping all night long and waking up happily after 7am and chatted to himself until 8am.  He and Eleanor had some playtime in their PJ's after breakfast.  Penn's saying, "I'm so happy to be here!"
"Ok, this time I'll look down and you look up, Eleanor."
Apparently the rest of the big boys' night went well at home too and Doug successfully got them out the door on time for school (for Koen) and speech therapy (for Tav).  Look how grown up they are (and yes, a little shaggy, I've yet again forgotten to schedule a hair appointment!).
Pittsburgh is actually getting warmer, brighter weather than we are in Florida today, but you can't beat this lovely backdrop, the peaceful bayou (and not to mention the adorable Eleanor!).
She and I spent almost two hours out in the backyard this morning playing while Penn took a nice long (and much needed) morning nap.  She is super talkative and relational.  I'm so enjoying getting to know her better.  Phil grabbed my camera and got her to do some poses this morning.  Such a sweet face!

Well, that's it for now.  It's relaxing being here minus 2 of my boys.  I miss them like crazy (and Doug too).  We love coming to Florida together and enjoying my family and all the outdoors has to offer here.  Next time, we have to all make the trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment