Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Random Catch Up

The cycle of illness and busyness of the regular day-to-day activities have left me camera shy and just distracted from my normal snapping and recording of our daily adventures.  Here's a review of what I did capture from Friday and Saturday.

Friday, Tavin was a mess.  We dropped Koen off at school and then went to speech therapy at Children's Hospital, but the poor child was coughing so badly and projectile snotting so heavily that his therapist suggested we go home as she felt bad forcing him to work amidst his effort to breathe.  Cue me feeling guilty for bringing him.  How was I to know he was going to have a coughing fit the whole time (or that he had a fever again)??  Poor Tav!  Penn was along since Doug had to forfeit his day off for an all-day meeting.  Penn was farther along the recovery route.  He had fun at the abridged speech therapy session (he ate his book...a favorite activity he likes to sneak in when I'm not looking).
Saturday Tavin was miraculously feeling so much better (and thankfully his snot was under control, I think I could've literally bottled a gallon of it on Friday).  He went out with Doug and Koen for a bike ride/errand run.  He was super excited that they had to stop at the deli counter.  Yay, Tav is back!
Penn stayed home with me and had a blast "re-organizing" the tupperware lids while I cleaned the kitchen.  He was so happy he hung out there for 30 minutes and I moved him before he even complained.

It was a preaching weekend, so after 10:30am, Doug was off to work and it was Mommy time.  We had a really nice day even though we missed the usual time with Doug.  In the evening we went to the playground for some post-dinner/pre-bathtime play.  Here's my attempt to get a picture of all 3 boys.  Oh well, maybe next time!


Penn loved being on the slide with his brothers (he would go down with Koen, it was so sweet!).  But when the big bros bored of sitting around on baby slides, Penn hung out on the playground equipment himself.  He was so happy just to be sitting there watching all the kids playing and feeling so proud.  I love this face.

Koen developed a fun new game.  He balanced and jumped from one wood bench to the next.  It kept him busy for awhile and was great exercise.  I was so excited I caught a pic of him in flight!
Well, that's it.  It's Sunday and no pics yet.  My dad (Grampa) just arrived this afternoon though for a few days, so stay tuned for some more timely blog posts (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment