Sunday, March 24, 2013

Palm Sunday 2013 - updated

After a rough night with Koen battling this nasty stomach bug (that poor kid!), he and I were exhausted this morning.  But Tavin, on the other hand, who had pretty much been separate from Koen all day yesterday, was spry as a Spring chicken singing to himself in his room and playing happily right at 7am as usual.  Doug had a fantastic idea that he should bring Tavin to church with him.  A "go to work with Daddy day" of sorts (except bonus for pastors' kids...you also get to get your church in too).  I was particularly excited about this idea because it meant another whole morning where Tav wouldn't interact with Koen at all, Lord-willing helping keep him safe from these disgusting germs.  Also, with today being Palm Sunday the Kidz Church was supposed to perform at the morning services and this was going to be Tavin's first time taking part.  I was a little worried he would run out of energy or miss me too much, but apparently neither of those were issues at all.  Here he is hanging out in Doug's office (reading his Bible no less) while Doug had to go to the pre-service meeting.
And here he is waiting to go on stage at the first service.  Thumbs up, Daddy!
Tavin seemed to just be checking it all out during the first service.  Here's a video of "Our God is Greater."  
Here are a few pictures from the first service as well.  I was so thankful for Doug's texts.  I was so sad to miss this morning at church.  The kids singing is always so special and sweet!  Tav's happy clapping...
And then a thumbs up for Daddy mid-song (like father, like son...nearly every college picture of Doug he's giving a thumbs up).
It seems that Tavin got a little more comfortable with himself on stage at the second service.  I should also mention that he's a cat today...yep, that's right.  You can hear my child "meowing" during the song!  Click here to see the hilarious video of Tav!

On Wednesday, my friend, Kyndal, sent me a few more pics she snapped of Tavin during the services.  They are just too precious to store away on my computer and not share here.  Thanks, Kyndal!!





Well, a big thank you to my amazing husband (also an amazing Daddy) for alleviating some of my workload this AM and giving your Tavin Dale a memorable Palm Sunday morning for sure.  Thanks to the Kidz Church team for welcoming my middle man for a very long morning.  One final picture...snacky lunch (and another thumb's up).  
Tav was exhausted when he got home a little before 2pm, we didn't even read books and he might have fallen asleep before I left the room.  The house is quiet.  All 3 boys are sleeping.  Poor Koen is so sore, exhausted and weak from his horrible health day yesterday/last night.  Lord-willing he is truly on the mend though and I'll be able to post some happy pictures of him soon.  Please keep praying for the rest of us that we remain healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment