Monday, March 18, 2013

New Idea: Resurrection Eggs

I recently stumbled on this idea on a blog I keep an eye on...Resurrection Eggs.  I love good ideas to engage our very young ones in the real meaning of "Christian" holidays like Easter and Christmas.  This one is particularly easy and just a helpful way to have a resurrection-focused quick Bible reading every night for the 12 days leading up to Easter.  I'm excited to see how it goes.  Koen helped by painting the egg carton for the eggs yesterday.
And today I wrote out the Scripture references and put them in the 12 holes of the egg carton and then filled the eggs with the 12 different specified objects.
Tonight is our first night (I wanted to be able to finish up with the 12 days one day before Easter).  I think Koen is a little too excited (he thought the eggs were going to be filled with Legos for him).

No comments:

Post a Comment