Sunday, March 3, 2013

Just Some Regular Days

So this has been one of the lowest blog posts weeks I've had in awhile!  We've just been doing our same, simple thing most days and I've been a little lazy with the camera.  It's been a good week overall though.  Penn has had a weird cold or something (goopy, gooey eyes at wake-up, but no pink eye, really bizarre, plus a stuffy, but not runny nose).  Tav has been so well lately (he's our usual runny nose/cough kid through most the winter), but just today some drippyness is back and he had a cough again this morning.  Koen is pretty healthy, but last week definitely had something stuffing him up.  Let me just say that Koen and Tav's room does not smell fresh in the mornings, stale is a better word for it.  Those poor kids!  All 3 of them are such troopers though, just plowing through their days with no complaints.  I love that about my boys.  Anyways, we've been playing it low key amidst some playdates, errands, Daddy time, outdoor time whenever we can, etc.  This afternoon Koen and I played our "sight word game" that I developed.  His teacher has been sending home the sight words they are working on as they target memorizing Scholastic's 100 sight words by the end of the year.  She lets us know the different words they are working on in a memo and I then make up flashcards.  I tried a few different things to get Koen interested in learning them.  I eventually stumbled into creating this game of reading Level 1 reading books and every time we reach a sight word in our story, Koen reads it and finds it in the flashcard lineup.  He takes a lot of pride in this activity.  Here he is at our set up today.
Later on tonight the big boys were coloring while waiting for their dinner to finish cooking.  Penn was in the exersaucer (as usual!) and he was enjoying his jumping game.  The boys tell him to jump and that's what he does.  And he loves it.  You get a little glimpse of it here in this video.  
Well, that's literally it from here.  We are in our routine, just doing our thing.  I'll try to do better this week with pictures and videos of our simple days.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment