Saturday, July 18, 2015

HHI 2015, Part 3

Wednesday
Our Wednesday was very similar to our Tuesday except that Tav could go in the ocean and pool now.  His foot was really looking on the mend.  Such a relief!!  So, the big boys all went to the beach with Doug and I stayed back with Janse for his naptime.  The house was quiet and that was really nice, but the time flew with sunscreening myself, packing a picnic for all of us and getting a few other things done.  I enjoyed the peace though, but couldn't wait to get down to the beach!  I forgot my camera and my phone, so I borrowed Doug's to take these photos.  He had a filter on, which I didn't realize, but I think they look quite cool!  The boys played really well in the sand again.  Tav and Penn played for 2 hours straight!
Koen learned how to make a drizzle castle.  He had fun creating it.
And Jansen was a trooper yet again, full of smiles and loves even though the beach is definitely hot and sandy and not that easy for a little guy.
After our morning at the beach and picnic there, we headed home for afternoon naptime.  Then after a restful afternoon that we all needed, we went to the pool for some afternoon fun.  The boys were playing polar bears in the kiddie pool.
Doug is just a tad exhausted from all the hands-on Daddy fun.  Can you tell?
3 of my 4 water babies.  (Jansen although not yet pictured, is very into the water.  He even loves the ocean lapping up over his legs when we are at the beach!)
I brought Jansen's "Go Pod" to the pool.  He doesn't last long in it, but it's a nice change of scenery for him since we don't have any exersaucers here for him to jump around in (which he loves to do at home).  Is he not the happiest, go-with-the-flow vacation baby ever??


After the pool, we brought the boys home for dinner (we were going to enjoy pizza on our own later...ahhhh).  Then we got them down for bed.  Then late after we had finished our pizza date and our eyes were getting quite heavy from a long, fun day, Doug headed to the airport to pick up Aunt Abbie and Uncle Zac!!  We were so excited to have them join us for part of our Hilton Head vacation this year. 

Thursday
Thursday morning was a fun reunion with Abbie and Zac (it's only been a month since we were last with them in Texas, but we will take any opportunity to spend time with this fabulous aunt and uncle duo (not to mention Ab is one of my best friends!)).  It didn't take long for Aunt Abbie to get her hands on Jansen!
Doug took the oldest 3 down to the beach early again and I got this picture from Doug of Koen.  Awesome picture isn't it?!  I cannot believe my firstborn is this grown up!  Where does the time go?
When I got down to the beach, I fed Jansen and got the picnic stuff passed out.  Look at these sweet beach hat buddies.  I just can't get over their sweet relationship these days.  They play so well together and the beach is just a whole new and fun playground for them together this year.
Aunt Abbie and Koen hung out in a tidal pool for awhile having a long grown-up chat.  I had to take a picture of the chill aunt-nephew moment.  Abbie said it was such a nice time!
Another great picture from the day...Happy-hearted Tavin Dale.  
 After several hours on the beach and naptime quickly approaching, we all headed back to the house.  It was a calm, quiet rest time back at the house.  I spent some time working on my computer on the back porch and three baby deer came playfully into the backyard.  I just happened to have my camera handy and got a quick pic of one (a little blurry through the screen).
I quietly snuck into the house so as not to scare them away and had Tavin come out and watch the fawns with me.  He loved it.  Here he is checking one out under the trees.
Soon after that picture, the momma deer came bounding through the backyard and the three babies went running off in front of her.  They were only yards away.  It was so fun to watch and I was so excited Tavin got to see it up close!  He was really excited about it and continues to ask to hang out on the back porch now to keep an eye out for his animal friends.  After our afternoon of nature fun in the backyard, we headed out to the beach for the late afternoon/evening.  It was a push to get to the beach again, but it was a beautiful, sunny, pristine time to go, so we figured we'd give it a shot.  It was so worth the effort!  I didn't get any pictures, but it was lovely (brief, but lovely).  I love going down when the sun isn't so high and the heat is less intense.  I can just enjoy the waves and the breeze without the stress of the bright heat!  

Friday
Yet another beach day!!  We did our usual plan of the boys going down earlier and I met them, but this time whiney pants Penn Rye stayed back with me.  He is having a little tummy issue (probably related to being newly potty trained and having to hold it too much or something).  We got down to the beach to meet everyone right at 11am and I fed Jansen.  Afterwards, I served up the picnic and got this sweet pic of Koen and J in the shade (Jansen was way too interested in the brightly-colored beach towel to look up at me).
I've discovered that Jansen loves to have his feet in the water.  He is absolutely not scared of the little waves coming up and tickling his legs and doesn't seemed surprised or phased.  Abbie joined me on a boogie board to sit with him in the water (and the umbrella is to shield his sweet skin from the sun).
Look at K & T in the background using Uncle Zac's binoculars to check out a lighthouse in the background.
This is hilarious how Tavin stepped into the picture and totally photo bombed!!
Around 1pm, we headed back home to bathe the kids and get them to their respective naps and rest times.  We all need a break in the afternoon from the sun and the activity!!  In the evening, we went to the pool for a bit and then back home for a yummy family dinner of burger, corn on the cob, oven-baked fries and asparagus.  Then it was pretty much bedtime for everyone.  I've been enjoying getting to nurse Jansen in private much of the time (save when I have to do it at the beach of course).  It's some quiet, downtime and even more importantly, a few moments for just he and I.  I've been snapping some selfies of course.  Here's one from Friday night.  
After the kids were down, Abbie and I enjoyed a walk on the beach for the second night in a row.  So special to have my sister here and that we can enjoy one of our favorite things togethere...the ocean.  When we got back, we watched the movie, "Woman in Gold," with the guys (a great film if you haven't seen it already).  Then much needed bedtime!  We sleep so hard here!


No comments:

Post a Comment