Monday, July 27, 2015

A Few Jansen Updates

My littlest snuggler is so much fun.  He's changing every day it seems.  

While at Hilton Head, I started him sleeping unswaddled.  It was exactly what he was looking for.  He had two nights where he woke up a little confused and then settled back down with the pacifier.  On the second day, I let him go unswaddled during naps too and it was smoother than I thought it would be.  Apparently he was ready for this transition (I was not, I cried to lay him down without the swaddle process first).  Here he is after his morning feeding about a week into being unswaddled for his sleeps.  He looks pretty happy!
Like I mentioned, Jansen is a snuggler!!  He still takes 3 naps a day.  Here he is on Sunday morning, totally zoning out as he was due for his first nap of the day.  I love how he just leans into me.
A silly pic after church.  I can get him to smile on cue no problem.  It's amazing.  He loves me.  We often look into the mirror together and just have a smile fest.  In these moments, I've noticed that I'm pretty sure he has my eyes.
There's been a big development in the last few days.  Jansen has found his thumb.  It's been less than two weeks since he went unswaddled and it's already his preferred way of soothing himself.  I guess it was bound to happen with the fact that his three older brothers all did the same thing.  A bit of me is happy he found it as the thumb has proven to be a helpful tool for comfort and calm over the years, but a part of me is bummed to have yet another child to break of this habit.  It sure is cute though.

Here's a picture I grabbed of another snuggly moment.  This was tonight.  Oh how I love my last moments of Jansen's day.  He is so lovely, often giving me kisses all over my face, even on the lips.  Oh my goodness!!  Tonight he was just resting his head against my face.  Phone handy, I had to capture it.  Note how he no longer has the dark hair mullet in the back.  I guess that new baby hair has all fallen out. =(  So sad (and for style purposes, I guess it's a good thing).  

Well, there you have it.  A few pictures and a few facts about my little Jansen at this point in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment