Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Transitioning Into the Fall Routine

So, the first few weeks of school have flown quickly by as I get used to the new routine (as well as the rest of the family).  I've been loving the slower pace around the house during the school day and also loved watching Koen thrive in the school atmosphere.  He just loves to learn and be amongst his peers at school.  Such a blessing!  Tavin is also really enjoying his new preschool class and especially the new privilege of getting to go to preschool 3 mornings instead of just 2 this year.  So, positive start for sure.  That being said, I haven't exactly figured out the most efficient routine particularly with time for me, so hence the blog has suffered.  But I will give you a quick pictorial review of some of what we've been up to...

On Saturday, Koen got to start Soccer Shots, a simple soccer program for kids.  He was so proud.  

On Sunday, we had a fun playdate with Uncle Nate and his boys after church.  We went to Blue Slide Park to change things a bit.  My boys LOVED the blue slide.  So many cute pics and videos I just have to share!




And the videos...


Nate's boys weren't as big fans of the slide.  Nate was a trooper trying to help them experience the fun.

Thanks for hanging out as usual!  We love our Sunday mornings with you guys!

On Monday, Tav went to preschool.  Penn was supposed to have speech therapy, but Miss Allison was sick, so Penn and I just had a slow start to our day (PJ's, second breakfast).  Penn sent this happy smile to Miss Allison to make her feel better.

On Tuesday, I had a great mom moment.  I FINALLY took Tav for his 4 year appointment.  Yep, that's right...9 months late.  Somehow I missed it last December/January amidst all the sick visits that time of year I guess.  I got the wake up call when I tried to get a signature for Tav's vaccination form for preschool and the receptionist had to tell me I never got him vaccinated at 4!  Mom-fail!!  Tav was a huge champ at the doctor's proving to be an excellent example to Penn that the doctor's office really isn't his worst nightmare.  Here's a couple classic yearly check-up shots of Tav.

Penn, the unsure sidekick.
Tav was healthy and happy.  Praise God!  His stats were 43 and 1/4 inches (75th percentile) and 39 lbs., 8 oz. (50th percentile).  Not worth comparing to Koen since I'm 9 months off!

After the doctor's appointment, we headed to Osceola Parklet for some gorgeous, crisp Fall air and a snacky lunch with a lot of time on the swings.  Oh, how I love hanging out with my easy-going little guys!


Today Penn and I sent Koen and Tav off to their respective schools and then had a lovely, long visit with a dear friend of mine.  After she left, we went on a quick little walk before Tav would be home and we found quite a project going on that Penn could not keep his eyes off of.
Later after naptime, we headed up the street to play with some neighbors.  The boys love their buddies, Perry and Everett.  We are so blessed to have such good friends up and down our street and these guys are our always a great way to have a blast between naptime and dinner.  The boys were hard at work being construction men (or was it garbage men?) tonight.


Well, that's a wrap for a brief overview of what we've been up to the past few days!  Thanks for your patience with me as I get used to this new routine and figure out where the blog is going to fit! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment