Friday, January 24, 2014

Toothless Wonder

I totally forgot to post this on the blog last weekend, but it was very big deal.  Koen's second top front tooth was hit in gym earlier in the week and each day afterward it got more and more loose.  Well, on Sunday night he was complaining of how loose it was and that he couldn't stop thinking about it, so I asked if I could check it out.  When he showed it to me I could literally tell that it was hanging on by two threads, so I asked him if I could pull it out for me.  I was so proud of him because he threw such a fit last time around for his first front top tooth and it was such a battle.  But this time he went right along with the plan.  Tavin was so interested in this whole situation, so I made the mistake of letting him watch (and video it for Doug to see later).  I had no idea it would scare him so much.  Thankfully it was temporary, but he was wide-eyed and close to tears afterwards and asked me to never pull his tooth.  You can tell that Tav's the videographer because when things get interesting he totally forgets to point the camera at our faces and so you ended up looking at Koen's knees and my mid-section, but oh well.  I still had to include it for the sake of my brave Koen.  This is 100 times better than it was last time.  The video was too long, so I had to split it into two parts.
Although Tavin was upset afterward, Koen was thrilled.  He was so proud and so happy.  Check out these pictures of my toothless wonder!!  Good job, Koen!



1 comment: