Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tav's Buddy, Will

Yesterday I had my buddy (kindred spirit I met through work years ago), Bethany, over for a playdate morning with our kids and an opportunity for us to chat and catch up.  Tavin was excited about it because of Bethany's son, Will, who he called, "my buddy, Will."  Tav was such a great host.  He shared his toys with Will and eventually after they got used to each other they did everything together.  Will wanted to hold hands with Tav for the prayer at lunch.  How cute are they?
After lunch Tav made up a hilarious game of hockey for he and Will (they slide around on their socks on the hardwood and take turns crashing on the "ice").  Penn couldn't resist joining in the game.
"What's that Tavin?  You need me?  I'm on my way (who's this loud kid behind me?)."
I caught Penn in mid-screech.  He was so excited about being a part of the game that he was just squealing and screaming while he tottered around the dining room with the bigger kids.
After the activity of the hockey game, the boys settled into some play with the cars and trucks before Will had to leave and my boys had to head to nap.  
It was a lovely morning of catching up with a dear friend I don't get to see enough.  And a great morning for our boys getting to know each other a little more and having so much fun doing it!  Bethany and Will you are welcome anytime!  

No comments:

Post a Comment