Friday, January 31, 2014

All for One & One for All

Well, since my last post things have certainly developed.  I did receive a cute picture of the what I thought was a healthy Koen making his Japanese pottery.
As I mentioned, I found out that Koen was actually not getting through the cold very easily and when I took him to the doctor on Thursday morning we discovered he did have an ear infection.  Poor kid.  We had a tag-along for the doctor visit.  Penn was in a hilarious mood in the waiting room.  He and WebMD were running around checking everything out.  Koen and I were laughing our heads off (probably a little bit because we were slap-happy due to lack of sleep).


Since we were at the doctor's I decided to ask the doctor to check Penn's ears since he was battling the same cold.  Well, turns out our tag-along had an ear infection too.  Well, two ear-infected boys.  You think that'd be it.  But oh no.  After another almost sleepless night in which all 3 boys woke up at different points in pain despite Tylenol and Ibuprofen, it was clear that poor Tavin also had an ear infection.  So this morning I took Tav to the ear infection.  Yep, I was right, except he actually had a double.  Oh my goodness...all 3 boys with ear infections at once (hence the post title)!  That can't happen that often!  Tavin was miserable most of the day so he went to nap at 11:30am which left Koen and Penn and I together for awhile again.  Koen was working on some homework, so Penn wanted to "color" like his big brother.  He got a little moody though with lunch around the corner.  So one minute he was having fun.
Then he was getting whiney,
so Koen tried to get in his face and get him silly again.  Penn ended up pushing him in the face and you can see Koen's reaction of surprise and laughter.  And you can also see that Penn was mad/sad!
This all-over-the-place emotion is a good way to sum up our whole day.  These boys are a MESS!!!  Thankfully Koen and Penn are rounding the bend and Tavin is so good at being sick from all his experience with minor illnesses that he charges right through them, but still we are a bit of a wreck right now.  Here's hoping that tonight we all get a good night's sleep (especially this over-tired mommy who's hoping this blog post makes sense!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment