Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Snapshot of Penn at 18 and 1/2 Months

This morning Penn and I had some sweet time (he really deserved it after a super long errand run to Target, sorry bud).  He just wanted to read and look at book after book with me.  He kept bringing them to me, tugging on my leg and saying, "moh-moh."  How could I resist.  So the Target bags stayed on the counter and the dishes stayed in the sink and in our hour home between the store and picking up Tav from preschool, we mostly just read.  It was special, precious time (although I'm a little tired of his favorite three books).  Penn was in a classic polo shirt all 3 of the boys have worn, so I thought it was a good day to take a few pictures of my 18+ month old.  Here he is "reading."

In this book, Penn turns to pages and makes the noises or somewhat names his favorite vehicles that he recognizes, etc.  When he was on the tractor page he pointed at the top picture (you can see it) and he said, "Da-din" (his word for Tavin) and what do you know, but there is a picture that looks exactly like it's the back of Tavin's head riding on the trailer of a tractor.  Wow, you're right, Penn!
I tried to get a little bit of this "reading" routine and Penn's Tavin-spotting.  Here's the video...
And now more pictures of Penn, now reading on the couch.

I couldn't resist grabbing this kid (after some tickles of course) and trying to catch a Mommy/Penn picture.

So since Penn's in this iconic Melder boy shirt, why not a try for a few comparison pics?  Here's Koen at about 18/19 months in the same shirt (actually on Thanksgiving Day 2008).
In this profile shot, you an see one of Koen's unique features from his bros, those huge chipmunk cheeks.
I'm surprised that he had a similar amount of hair as Penn does at this age.  Since it was such a slow start, I figured it was less at this point, but Penn's just sort of been consistent since birth almost, so at this point they are even.
In this dead-on shot, I do see quite a similarity to Penn.
And now for Tavin in the polo...  Well, the seasons actually fell that he wore the polo the Spring before he was 18 months, so here he is in April (15 months) all handsome in the striped get-up.



I think it's easy to notice that Tav has very little hair at this point, gorgeous bright blue eyes and some a very alabaster skin tone.  I think maybe his eyes (not color, but shape) might be similar to Penn's, but it is so hard to tell!  Here's Tav at 18/19 months (not in polo) just for comparison purposes (and moreso for fun!).  In this first shot, I love that you can see he has grown a little more hair,  but the bright blond is so handsome!
All business Tavin (again, you can see he's been working on the hair growth).
Those bright blues, sweet cheeks and a bit of a pouty lip (my kids all have that poutier, bigger bottom lip...love it).
Well, that about sums it up.  What started as a sweet Penn post (that was supposed to be brief) ended up becoming a comparison post that sent me into my photo archives which is always a time commitment, but so fun!  I love all of you boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment