Thursday, January 9, 2014

Another Mini Haircut

So Penn has had 3 "first" haircuts over the course of the past month.  On Dec. 5th, my friend Veronica helped cut off the long chunk at the nape of his neck.  On Dec. 30th, Mom helped me get enough courage to work on the front of his hair (the well-known bangs).  Then today, when Veronica was over again I figured it was a good excuse to attempt at a more detailed job of the back of his head since the mullet had grown back and then some.  I gave Penn some bananas and crayons and a coloring book (he loves to "color" lately).  I had him sit in Tavin's booster seat.  All of this was a big hit until I started to comb his hair and then take the first snip.  He totally knew what was happening and started crying so hard.  It was so nerve-racking as he squirmed so much I was afraid I would catch his skin or my finger!  I kept going until I was relatively happy with the outcome and could say that his hair was shorter and somewhat shaped.  Thankfully once I proclaimed that I was "all done" with the wave of my hands, he instantly turned into a happy baby again and even a total ham for Veronica.  Here are the "after" pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment