Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Just Some More Family Fun

We were so blessed to have Abbie here for a week and my parents here for a day.  We had such a nice time just enjoying being under one roof and just doing life together as an extended family for a change.  I caught a few pictures over the last few days that my parents and Abbie were around.  Here's Sunday afternoon when the boys were going a little nuts and Doug and I were making lunch, so Abbie made a sing-a-long game.  They loved it!  
On Monday after much plodding from family members about Penn's funny hair (the way his bangs grow both short and long), I finally took scissors to his sweet locks.  I thought he would hate it after his reaction to Veronica trimming his mullet a few weeks ago.  But thankfully with distractions and soothing chatter, I ended up trimming off those longer bangs with a lot of success.  Look at this dapper little dude!


Later in the day Gramma and Penn had some snuggles on the couch while watching traffic out the window.  
She was helping me by distracting Penn so I could try and get through a game of Jenga with Tavin.  Penn found his way back into my way again (and his chubby little fingers all over the Jenga tower).

On Sunday afternoon, Abbie, Mom and I had gone out for several hours to do some wedding prep shopping on Abbie's behalf.  One of our goals was to think through the favors.  On Monday afternoon we got to put our creative thinking caps on and come up with a prototype for Abbie to take back to Austin.  

The boys were pretty tired that afternoon.  I sat down at my computer for a few minutes that day and glanced over and realized that all the boys were comatose.  Koen, Dad, Tav and Doug...chilling out.
Monday night Abbie and Penn were playing a bit before dinner.  Penn finally warmed up to everyone after the weekend.  He is a stickler with this whole "hard to get" bit!
As I said, Penn had warmed up a lot.  Here he is just hanging out with Grampa in the living room before dinner.  

Later Gramma joined them for an entertaining game of "peek-a-book" by Penn.
On Tuesday morning we just hung around the house for a long time.  Abbie had gone to the airport early that morning, but Gramma and Grampa were still around to hang out.  Grampa grabbed a few photos of the boys with some new toys.  I think these are precious!


They also had some more time with Penn.  One of his favorite activities in the last week has been walking in between his grandparents to show off.  He just crashes into whoever is his goal.  It's so precious.  He and Grampa had a lot of fun with this exercise. 
I wish I had the ability to capture all of our special moments and sweet times from this past week or so, but this snippets will have to do.  Gramma, Grampa and Aunt Abbie, thanks so much for spending that special time with us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment