Monday, January 31, 2011

Yucky Days for the Melders

I hate stomach bugs! Last night Tavin started with it before bedtime. He seemed to rebound very well and initially went to bed fine. Here are a few sweet pics after bedtime (we took them to send to Daddy at work so that he would know we were hanging in there fine).
Unfortunately, Tavin woke up sick again a little before 9pm. I bathed him again, changed his bed and laid him down again a little while later. And then he woke up sick again only about 15 minutes after that. So at that point, I decided to keep him up. The poor thing was sick over and over again for hours. We just snuggled until Daddy got home and then Daddy snuggled while I did laundry and finally ate some dinner (although my appetite was pretty shot!).

Today Tavin has been very sad and sweet and so tired (and must be so hungry, but is still not that interested in food). After an early morning wake-up and then early nap, we tried to head to do a grocery errand, but on our way Koen got super sick in the car. Poor thing! I had no idea it was coming. He was totally fine this morning.

Doug came home from work (and he feels like he might be getting it!), but that enabled me to do more laundry, get Koen cleaned up and set up in front of the TV for some downtime and then I spent an hour and a half cleaning the car and Koen's car seat.

The boys are both sleeping now. Hopefully they will be feeling better when they wake up. And hopefully Doug and I won't get this yucky bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment