Sunday, January 30, 2011

Koen Nap Update

So, thankfully, it looks like the abrupt end to the afternoon nap might have been just a taste of what to come. Most of the last few days Koen has taken a champion nap. Most afternoons it is at least an hour and a half, but sometimes 2 or more. Today he's been asleep since 2:30pm (it's 5pm now). I thought I heard him waking up about a half hour ago, but I guess not, it's still quiet. Two days ago he played for the first hour of his nap and then must have gotten tired because he turned his light off and put himself to bed amidst quite a mess in his room. I had to wake him up that day at like 5:20pm. Anyways, it seems to differ every day, but I've been encouraged that when he really needs a nap or after a few days of not great naptimes, he can still calm down and sleep. I have been putting him down later, not necessarily to tire him out more (I'm really OK if the afternoon nap goes away, it's more the how to deal with it that is the problem), but I've been keeping him up so that he doesn't have as much time to kill in his room. I think it is helping although most days he's slept the majority of his naptime/resttime anyways.

Thank you so much to those mommy friends of mine that have been such a help and encouragement in this new phase! The ideas are so helpful and I'm sure I will be updating you more as this new phase develops and we have to practice what to do on no-nap days.

No comments:

Post a Comment