Friday, January 21, 2011

Keeping Busy

Doug is out of town for a few days, so we have booked our mornings to keep things interesting around here. Koen seems to do better discipline-wise when there is enough to keep him occupied, so that's my plan while I am without parent backup! For today, we invited our neighbors over for a playdate this morning. First we had a nice breakfast and then some playtime in the playroom. Here's my crazy hungry breakfast eaters...

And now a cute video of the boys being very much themselves in the playroom...


Hilary, Delia and Huck came over right after I laid Tavin down. We sent Koen and Delia out in the backyard for some fresh air. We got about 6 inches of snow last night, so it was nice they had some fresh powder to play in. It was super cold though, about 17 with windchill making it feel like 0!
They hung out for about 20 minutes. Then they had some hot cocoa, did a craft project and then we headed upstairs where it's more baby friendly for Tavin and Huck. They actually had fun playing together and watching each other this time. So adorable! Huck is already walking, so that was amazing to see. I can't even picture Tavin doing it. I kind of don't want it to happen. I feel like he is growing up way too fast as it is!

After our wonderful visit with Hilary, D and Huck we had lunch and then I took the boys out on a brief walk in the neighborhoods on the sleds.

Koen dragged his sled for awhile, but on the way home he needed me to pull him home. It's amazing to me how the boys put up with the cold. Koen even played out in the backyard after we got home. Tavin I had to bring inside because I felt so bad having his sweet baby face exposed to the wind too long.

So, so far, so good. It was a really nice day with the boys. Sunshine, fresh snow, sweet boys (well, when Koen is on good behavior, which I have to say he's doing quite well today). Tavin and I had a fun time before his nap. Here are a few cute pictures and a video.



No comments:

Post a Comment