Monday, January 17, 2011

Tavin Tries Goat's Milk

So, on Saturday, I had Tavin try some Goat's Milk. He breaks out in a major rash when I give him cow's milk, so we've taken a break from that (although thankfully he can have cheese and things that have milk cooked into them). Here's the shot after the first sip...
Here's after the second sip!
He's actually still getting used to it and isn't super keen on it. I think he's still just not really into the sippy cup and milk other than what he's had for 13 months as of today. I would assume by 14 months he'll be weaned, so I hope by then he'll take a liking to goat's milk. Hopefully in the coming months he'll be able to have cow's milk, but for now I'm relieved that the skin reaction is the only allergic type thing that happens and it doesn't even bother him and that it doesn't seem to happen with cheese and yogurt. Also, on a positive note, this kid has no problem eating so much food despite staying away from cow's milk! Doug and I are continuously amazed by what he packs away at each meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment