Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nursery School Cancelled AGAIN!

I think nursery school has been cancelled once a week since we've been back from break. So frustrating! They cancel the school anytime Pittsburgh Public Schools has a 2 hour delay. I'm used to massive snow storms being necessary to cancel school. Here in Pittsburgh though sometimes it seems that all it takes is the potential of a cold day with some precipitation that spurs a delay/cancellation. Money we are just tossing out the window! Hopefully this is the last one!

I have to say I was very proud of myself again for having a good attitude with the news. Koen is so cute when you tell him school is cancelled. He's bummed, but then gets all excited to have another day at home with Mommy and Tavin. So sweet that that kind of a day ranks right up there with exciting nursery school!

Tavin was super tired this morning and so, so cute with a blanket he found in the playroom. I took about 10 pictures, but it wasn't necessary to share them all. Here's the general idea of my sleepy bug.
Tavin went down for an early nap so that we could make our day interesting afterwards by running a few errands at the Waterfront and having a Mommy date at Chick-fil-A. It turned out to be a really fun outing. Koen was on best behavior (which in the last few days has barely ever occured!). He was helpful in the stores and then was great at lunch too. Tavin enjoyed his first real Chick-fil-A lunch.He's been with us there and eaten his food, but he's never gotten to have chicken there. I bought him a grilled chicken breast, just for him. And yes, he ate it all! Unbelievable! He also ate 2 clementines and a jar of baby food.

The boys both loved playing in the playplace. Koen took the most advantage of it while Tavin just kept eating and eating. But Tavin enjoyed it too.
I loved my date with my two sweet boys. I am so blessed! What a special day the cancellation of nursery school enable us to have. I guess I'm not that frustrated. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment