Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Cookie-Making Tradition

I did a little research on the blog and I think we have been doing this Christmas cookie decorating tradition with Deborah and her family since 2011!!  You have to check out the blog post.  It is unreal how the kids have grown so much (but yet maintain their look and persona over the years).  I absolutely love tradition and I'm so thankful we've maintained this one.  My friendship with Deborah and our closeness to this family just grows with each year.  

Here are the boys and I working on the cut-outs on Sunday in preparation for our Monday cookie decorating date.
This year I used a new recipe and I was relieved that they turned out great!
And here's the majority of the crew working hard at decorating.  Last year I remember the kids really rushed through it because they wanted to just go and play, but they all really got into it this year.  Of course, then after they were through they still rushed to go play.  These kids love hanging out together!
The adults always swoop in with the decorating after the kids have moved on.  We really enjoy the creative (almost therapeutic) activity too!  Here are some of the finished products.
After the kids played for awhile, we got to share a meal together.  Here are the big kids eating at the kitchen.  Our families are a little too large to squeeze us all around our dining room table!
Well, that's it for the pictures for this year.  Thanks to Deborah, Grant, Miles, Claire and Hazel for continuing the tradition yet another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment