Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Sacrificing Naptime, Totally Worth It

Rarely do I stay out and about during afternoon nap, but on Sunday we had lunch at my friend, Deborah's, house with her husband, Grant, and their three kids.  The boys were having so much fun with their buddies and I was enjoying Deborah's company and just the retreat of a laid-back Sunday afternoon.  Deborah invited us to stay through Jansen's usual naptime and I surprised myself and said yes.  Afternoon nap is a sacred thing to me.  A pause in the day where my hands are free to get a few things done without a baby on my hip or a toddler at my knees, but sacrificing the potential time to get a few things done was 100% worth it.  And it was super kind for Grant and Deborah to let us infringe on their normal afternoon routine which I'm sure usually includes some downtime as well.  Jansen went down for his nap and the kids did also have a little downtime watching a Christmas special and Deborah and I got to take a walk!  When we returned Tavin, Koen, Miles and Claire played outside for hours and Penn and Hazel played together nicely inside.  It was just such a nice afternoon of us all enjoying these special friends and it was refreshing to do something out of the ordinary (not to mention I was so excited we all got time outside!).  Thanks so much to Deborah and Grant for sharing your day with us.  I loved the change of pace and I know the boys had a blast.  Maybe we will just have to do it again sometime?? =)

Here's a picture of Claire with Jansen.  She loves babies!  Janse was obliging.
And here's a shot of all the kids (minus Jansen because he was sleeping).  We love this family.  The boys have all grown up with these buddies.  What a blessing to have friends to walk through life with at all ages and stages!


No comments:

Post a Comment