Saturday, December 19, 2015

Tav's 6th Birthday

I cannot believe Tavin is 6 years old!  How can the years pass so quickly?!?  They have been six wonderful years with this kid, so full of joy.  Tavin, we are so thankful for you and were so excited to celebrate you on this, your 6th birthday.  

Tavin has been sick for almost all of his birthdays, but this year he was mostly well.  The poor kid has a recurring cough that seems asthmatic almost.  It comes back with any virus, cold or allergies he gets and earlier this week he got something that sparked this intense (well, let's just call it what it is, disgusting) cough.  Thankfully after a quick visit to the doctor on Wednesday, we got some new meds to try that helped get the cough under control in time for the birthday celebration on Wednesday night and Thursday throughout the day.  This year we celebrated Tavin with a family party on the eve of his birthday.  It was even more special to me to just have an intimate celebration with our family.  I still put a little extra effort into it though to make sure that Tavin knew he was special.  Here's the setup (car/racing theme)...

Tav requested ice cream for his birthday treat, but I figured we could make it a little extra special with some brownies (6 candles in the shape of a T...not my best decoration idea, but oh well!).
The proud parents waiting for Tavin's arrival home from school...
I made a "Happy Birthday, Tavin, #6" banner for Tavin, but we had fun with it and scrambled it (see Disney's short film about Olaf and you'll understand) for the boys to unscramble later.
When Tavin got home from school you can see how was surprised and impressed!
He didn't quite get the sign joke at first, 
but big brother did and explained it.  Then they had a good laugh (because that short film is ridiculously funny!).
I made Tav a little birthday crown/hat.  Happy birthday boy!
We got Penn up from nap and then dove into brownies and ice cream for the after school snack to get the party started.  
Poor Tav...it took him about 6 blows to get the few piddly candles out (he had failed his oxygen test that morning!, it was obvious in his attempts to blow out his birthday candles!).
I made little favor bags for Koen, Tav and Penn to go with the car theme.  Just a few little simple fun things to keep them busy for a few minutes and to make it feel like a party.  Penn is so fun to have open presents...all oohs and ahhs!
Koen helped read Tav's cards.  
Gramma got Tavin some little polar bears.  Tavin was so sweet opening them gently and then was all "oooh, polar bears!"  

Tav had been begging for a frame for his class picture and I seemed to forget to pick up a cheap one every time I went out shopping the last month.  Poor kid!  So thankfully I remembered this week before his birthday and wrapped it up for him with the class photo inside.  He was so excited when he opened it.  "Just what I wanted!" he said!
Tav is in prime Lego age and he was really hoping to get some Legos.  We didn't disappoint and you can see he's psyched!
All the boys were super excited about his other present from us.  Hot Wheels race track.  We've been boy parents for 8 years and somehow missed this classic toy.  I was so excited I got it for Tavin.  The boys have been playing with it ever since!  

The boys all liked the Hot Wheels track so much we had to get Koen and Penn into their favor toys for a bit to give the poor birthday boy some space with his new toy.  It was a good distraction.  
The rest of the evening the boys just enjoyed playing with Tav's new things.  It was such a great family time.  It just makes me feel like I might explode with joy at this big family of boys the Lord has blessed me with.  I am so thankful to be your mom, Tav. 

On Tav's actual birthday, December 17th, I made him chocolate chip pancakes before school.  Here's the somewhat sleepy birthday boy!
He went off to school super happy to see his friends on his birthday.  And I was scheduled to bring cupcakes in to his class in the afternoon right before dismissal.  Check out how scrumptious they turned out!
I love that my boys are still young and like having me visit them at school.  I love getting a glimpse of them in their school environment.  Tavin is quite the silly goose in Kindergarten.  I totally saw him trying to hold it back, but failing a few times.  I couldn't help but smile and laugh.  His teacher certainly has her hands full!!  Here's Tav with his Kindergarten buddies awaiting their cupcake snack (and I got to read them a book while they ate).
Happy Birthday to Tavin!!
Mom and her birthday boy...six years old, wow!  Love you so much, Tavington Bear.  With every year I learn more about the way the Lord has designed you and it gets me more and more excited to see the man you will become.  My prayer is that you will grow in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man, that you would be a man of integrity and conviction, that you would fulfill the Lord's purpose for your life.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment