Saturday, September 19, 2015

Special House Guests

This week we were honored to have my dear friend, Megan, and her son, Marshall, stay with us.  They had to make a somewhat last minute trip to the states from Kenya, they needed a place to stay.  Megan asked me about a week in advance and I was so excited we were able to house them!  Megan had a crazy busy schedule while she was here, but since she was staying with us, we got all sorts of little moments in the morning and the evening to spend time together.  Marshall loved our house.  For a 2 year old boy, our house seemed like the ultimate boy play place, especially one that absolutely loves cars and trucks.  And my boys, especially Penn, loved Marshall being around.  Here are some pictures I got from the delightful stay.

Penn loved having a playmate around again (he misses his big brother so much during the day, they leave just before he gets up in the morning).
Marshall was always around at breakfast time, sometimes early with Koen and Tav and other times, later with Penn (and Jumping Jansen).

The buddies again...they were hanging out reading a book.
One night, Marshall joined the boys for dinner one night.  Check it out...5 boys (see Jansen is jumping again, as always, poor thing!).
Marshall was usually around during bathtime, here he is getting ready for tub with Tav and Penn, but had the time to strike a pose with Jansen and Penn (Koen's job was to keep Janse happy out in the hallway while I got the other boys through bath).
Three buddies in the tub...rubba, dub, dub!
I was telling the boys to say, "cheese," but Marshall thought I was saying, "teeth."  How cute!
Megan and I had so much fun having our boys together enjoying one another.  Such a treat to let them play and get to know each other more since we live so far away.  And Megan and I just chatted the nights away when she would get home from her busy days (I haven't had that many late nights in a row in awhile, but it was totally worth it!).  It was as if no time had passed since our last time hanging out, except that it's been months and we had tons to catch up on.  Megan had to leave on Friday and it was sad (as usual), but I was so thankful to have had this special visit and all the quality time with Megan and Marshall.  Thanks so much for staying in our full house, Megan.  It was a joy to have you and Marshall here.  You are welcome any time!!

Megan, in her sweet thoughtfulness, got the boys thank you gifts for sharing their home and things with she and Marshall.  They had noticed Marshall's electric toothbrush during the stay and were very curious about it, so I suggested maybe that would be a good gift when she asked for ideas.  Oh my goodness, it was a huge hit!  The boys are loving brushing their teeth (why didn't I think of this years ago?!).  Thanks, Megan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment