Sunday, September 13, 2015

Lovin' the Little Guys

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I'm missing my big boys who are off at school, but I'm definitely enjoying this special time to soak up some extra moments just with the little two.  On Thursday, I decided to take Janse and Penn out all morning as I had a super long list of errands.  It was risky, assuming Janse would take a good enough nap out and about, but it all worked out fantastically.  Penn was my big helper and loved just walking alongside and pointing things out in the store.  Light-years different from some of his behavior when the big brothers are on errands with us and tempt him to run around like crazy and be super loud.  Jansen ended up falling asleep in the stroller and took a pretty good nap that also afforded Penn and I to take our time and peruse the aisles of the shops.  I forgot that shopping could be fun.  All summer I either rushed out with a kid or two, after bedtime on my own when I was half-dead from the summer fun or took all 4...none of those are very enjoyable options.  But it was just the perfect outing on Thursday, Penn was in good spirits, Janse went with the flow as usual and I was relaxed and enjoyed checking off my list and being with my littles.  Our last stop was Chick-fil-A for a lunch date.  Happy Penn Rye and Mommy selfie attempts that we sent to Daddy. 


Janse was all smiles (and sweet potatoes and pears) too.   


This week, Jansen started cutting his first tooth.  He's being a champ about it.  He's also doing a lot of chomping...on anything and everything he can get into his mouth, including my nose.  I had my phone camera handy on Friday when he attacked me with kisses and then chomping on my nose. 

He's looking in this photo as if to say, "what's the big deal?  If your face hurt like this, you'd chew on your mom's nose too!" 

Well, that's just two stories of many I could tell of how I'm soaking up theses moments with my little guys.  Prepare yourself for lots more posts about these pleasant little Melder boys as the school year continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment