Tuesday, September 1, 2015

No Rhythm, but Having Fun

Tavin and Koen going back to school has gone well, but we are still figuring out our new rhythm and routine.  While doing so, I'm just focusing on enjoying the change in pace (way slower and a lot less loud!) and trying to help all of us transition into this new season.  Things have been pretty simple, but I do have some pics and videos to share (of course).

On Saturday night, Doug took Koen and Tavin to a Pirates game.  They are quite the Buccos fans!
On Sunday, the boys had some super sweet hangout time all together before church.  They already seemed like they were soaking up the moments to be together as the four of them, since now K & T have to jump on the bus to school during the week.  Here's Biggest with Littlest. 
And then I loved looking out into the living room seeing all four of them playing together in such close quarters.  Brothers!
It's been super hot this week, so tonight I suggested that we take a quick family trip to the spray park after Doug got home for work and before dinner.  It was a win-win all around.  Koen doesn't have homework yet and the boys come home ready to PLAY after sitting around in school most of the day.  It was the perfect way to get the energy out, but stay cool. Here's Koen and Tav getting up the courage to stand under the dumping buckets.
And brave Penn Rye just diving through the sprinkler just his size.
Tav did a great jump dive through another sprinkler, that I had to grab my camera for.  His big hat really shielded his eyes from the spray (and unfortunately from my camera too).
 It was so hot that I felt it was necessary to get Janse a little wet too amidst his dinner courses (nursing, spinach and peas and baby oatmeal).  He loved the water (no big surprise after this summer where he pretty much embraced every water experience we exposed him to).

After playing with the waist-level water, the sprinkler jumped up to my eye level.  Thank goodness, I had just stepped back with Jansen!  But Doug caught it on camera.  So close!
Well, that's it.  Nothing super exciting, but I'm enjoying the simple and the calm as Penn and Janse and I figure out what our mornings will look like.  I'm still having a hard time letting go of the wonderful summer of having the boys all home, but I'm just trying to enjoy these special moments with the little guys as I adjust to this new season (and they make it easy to enjoy...so pleasant!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment