Tuesday, September 29, 2015

J & P in NH with Me, Part 1

Jansen and Penn and I get to spend a week at my parents' in NH!  We didn't get to visit this summer, so I've had my sights set on this trip for months.  

We left Pittsburgh yesterday.  My little travelers did a great job as usual.  They were a joy to be with and I know they brought joy to some of the passengers around us throughout the day.  Here's Penn all ready to fly from PIT to BWI.
And Jansen, en route.  Too cute!
We arrived in Boston on time with no glitches.  It was a great travel day.  So thankful!  And so happy to be met by my dad.  Penn ran into his arms at baggage claim.  Penn has been talking about "Bampa and Bamma" for weeks now.  

Jansen and Penn slept great after abbreviated naps and lots of activity on our way up the day before.  They were quite refreshed and so sweet this morning.  Penn just seems like he's going to bust a gut he's so happy to be here.  And Jansen is easing in a lot faster than I thought he would.  Here they are at breakfast.  Janse even let Grampa feed him his bananas!
I told my mom that Jansen loves to jump and would love to have some kind of jumper thing or exersaucer while we visited if she could borrow one.  Look at this ridiculous thing she got her hands on!  Hilarious!  Jansen is a big fan of being behind the wheel!
Jansen let Gramma play with him a little bit this morning.  I was really surprised he was so friendly with Gramma and Grampa so quickly as he's definitely in a stranger danger phase.  But we are thrilled he's doing so well with these loved ones as they've been dying to get their hands on him!
So after weeks of gorgeous weather in the NorthEast, there are some major storms headed our way that will keep rain in the area for the majority of our stay.  Today, our first day after a big travel day, was looking like the best day to head to the beach and enjoy the ocean that I crave from 600 miles away when I'm home.  After going back and forth about whether to make the push to get down to the coast with Penn and Janse, we finally settled on just going for it and we are so happy we did.  It was beautiful and the little guys did so well with the adventure.  It was high tide when we arrived, so we went to Place Cove, a quintessential New England coastal scene.  

 Here I am with Janse at my ocean, can you tell I'm just a little happy?  
Penn is so easy to please and loved the opportunity to dig in the sand and move rocks around with the few trucks and shovels we brought along.
As the tide started to recede ever so slightly, my mom suggested I take a walk in the sand and offered to hold Janse and keep an eye on Penn.  I couldn't refuse.  Jansen didn't mind a bit.  
A few pictures from my lovely walk up the beach and back.

Again, I'm just a tad happy.  The smell of the ocean air, the sound of the crash of the waves, the feel of the sand beneath my feet.  One of my favorite places on this Earth.  So blessed to get a day at the beach!
After my walk, we loaded up our picnic stuff, the beach toys, etc. and got the stroller out for a walk to our favorite ice cream place, The Beach Plum.  I love this walk with my mom.  We buzz along, chatting away, Penn and Janse were just relaxed and chill in the stroller and before you know it we are at the ice cream stop.  Penn was pleased (and could easily be The Beach Plum's cute spokesperson).
I got a great picture of Gramma with J & P after we all enjoyed our ice cream treat.  Doesn't Penn just look like he's exploding with happiness?
After we finished at The Beach Plum, we headed back to Place Cove to pack up and head home.  Mom had a great idea though when we got back to the van.  She suggested that Penn and I go put our feet in before having to leave the ocean.  Perfect!  Penn and I had a blast letting the waves chase our toes.  He loved that we would say, "here it comes, here it comes!" and then run from the licking, lapping wave foam.  Precious moments with my Penn.
Attempt at a photo of us.  OK, but you get the picture, my little bud and a beautiful backdrop.
I love this pic.  Our toes in the sand, the waves just catching us, the shadows of us standing together and I'm holding his sweet little hand.  
Penn really got into the running from the waves.  So much so that I was afraid he was going to run right in to his waist and get soaked.  I had to keep saying, "ok, now run back to me!"  

Such a wonderful day at the ocean.  Thanks, Mom, for taking us down, for the picnic and the ice cream treat and for your great company.  What a way to start our time in NH, but in our favorite place together!

No comments:

Post a Comment