Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Waiting Around with the Little Guys

Well, I'm 39 weeks and still pregnant, so we are just doing life as usual around here.  Well, it's not really completely "as usual."  It's way more chill.  It's been weeks since I've entertained in the evening which really cuts down on my work load and lets me pace out my housework and meal prep much better.  Also, Doug has had very few evening outs during the week, so I've had lots more back-up in the evenings which has been nice.  We've been able to really enjoy these last few days and moments as a family of 5 before we rejoice at becoming a family of 6.  During the days, I've kept my social calendar pretty chill too since I don't want to have to cancel tons of stuff if baby decides to come, so we have lots of mornings around the house.  Today was no exception and I thought it'd be fun to document some of the fun that Tav and Penn had (they are becoming such great playmates).  

So, each day I try to get something helpful done "just in case" baby decides to arrive.  Today was 1 load of laundry and make a casserole for tomorrow night in advance.  While I did that, the boys got right to work as policemen driving around a few different Lego vehicles.  So my background music for cooking was "weee-oo, weee-oo."  Well, actually, Penn just says, "wee-wee, wee-wee" which is cause for laughter on its own.  After police chase got boring, the boys asked to play Play-Doh, a recent favorite morning pasttime for both of them.  They are so content with it.  Here they are enjoying their Play-Doh projects.
After Play-Doh and cooking, we headed upstairs.  I ran through the shower while the boys played together on the 3rd floor.  When I went up to check on them, they were all prepared to do a musical production for me.  Oh my goodness, the hilarity and cuteness.  The funny thing is that I had heard them working on it beforehand and Penn totally mimics the music that Tavin sings.  I'm so bummed he wouldn't do it for the real performance.  But Tav's pretty fun to watch too.  This first one is at a crazy high key.  Prepare yourself.  
This next one is longer and at a more tolerable decibel level.  Phew.  I was smiling ear-to-ear while recording (not only because it is just really funny to watch kids do this sort of thing) because Tav is sooooo understandable and his words are completely articulate.  I LOVE listening to this kid use his words he's worked so hard to master!  
After those fabulous renditions of "Fix My Eyes" and "My Lighthouse" the boys and I headed back downstairs for another fun project.  Cookie-making!  The boys each got a stool, a bowl and a spoon.  Tav helped me mix the real ingredients and Penn we let mix fake ingredients.  He didn't seem to care and Tav actually got very into the play eggs himself.  Busy little bakers.
The best part is the chocolate chips of course.  It was Penn's first time getting to sample a few.  He's a big fan.  His face seems to say, "ooooo, this is pretty good!"
Tav's a baking-helper pro and therefore he's also well aware that chocolate chips are a good thing.  No stopping that smile.
After the baking, the boys were still very into the play food play, so I cleaned up the kitchen while they brought me meal upon meal from their pretend restaurant in the living room.  It was so sweet.  Tav was driving the whole thing, but he instinctively knows how to include Penn and gives him little jobs to do.  Soon after I "ate" a ridiculous amount of felt and plastic food, I made the boys lunch.  Doug dropped by with some spicy Mexican food for my lunch (can you tell we are trying to get baby out?!) and ate with us in the kitchen, which was a nice surprise.  After that, the little guys and I headed upstairs for some pre-nap playtime.  That's a morning at home for us these days.  On I'm getting a little stir crazy since I have so few plans these days, but on the other hand, I'm loving these simple moments with the boys.  No real downside here (except for the fact I still have a watermelon protruding from my belly of course).  Hopefully soon you'll see a blog post about baby boy #4's arrival, but in the meantime, I'll try to keep you updated about the regular day-to-day with the existing boys in my life. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment