Sunday, February 22, 2015

Jansen's First Bath

Yep, that's right.  As of yesterday morning, I hadn't bathed my newborn yet.  Here's my reasoning...it's been frigid here!!  Our home is over 100 years old and doesn't exactly do an awesome job retaining the heat we pump it full of, so I figured we would put it off until the temps at least got above freezing.  Well, on Saturday the temps were in the 30's, so it was time to clean this baby!  It was just a good sponge bath and I was nervous he would hate it, but I had a heater in the bathroom and made the sudsy water nice and warm and turns out, he really seemed to like it!  Here are the pictures I got of the cozy, clean baby after the scrub down.  Some of the pictures are a little fuzzy and dark because using the flash kept making him close his eyes.  But you still get the idea.  He's even cuter clean I think. =)

Profile shot (look at the fuzzy (no longer greasy!) hair).

Exhausted and snuggling on Mommy's shoulder.
He totally perked up when I held the camera up over his head when I had him on my shoulder and he was just staring at the camera.  Perfect opportunity!


Back on the changing table for a rub down and final dry-off (and a bunch of pictures of course).

He's thinking about smiling!


Pucker up for a kiss?!
And there you have it.  Jansen is clean, apparently enjoys a warm sponge bath and survived another photo session by Mommy.  Can you get enough of this sweet face?  I can't. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment