Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ups & Downs

I think this sums up how Tavin and I feel from day to day as we get used to our new routine (now on week 3 of Speech Therapy, only week 2 of it being 3 times a week).  Sometimes I find it really exciting to watch him improving and stretching himself and then getting so proud of his improvements.  But then there are days like today where it's such an effort to go and I feel like progress is slow and he seems bored or even annoyed with the process.  I have to give Tavin so much credit.  He is quite a sport with working on sounding out his words with better articulation and trying his hardest to imitate the correct pronunciation.  It is very encouraging at times, but then there are other moments where I just feel so frustrated that we are in this situation, that he has to deal with this hiccup in his learning process and I have to bother him with working on this skill that often comes so naturally for little ones.  Well, after Speech Therapy today we headed to meet Aunt Megan, Alex and Andy at the Children's Museum.  It was a nice distraction from our blah and frustrating start with a ho-hum session, but I feel like neither of us were really able to rise above it all the way.  Here's just a few photos of our quick visit to the museum.  He loved creating a design with the light sticks.
He was very curious about the bubble-making see saw, we spent some time looking at the tubes that send the air up into the water, etc.  Very cute to see his engineering interest.
This picture sums up our mood this morning.  'Ok, sure, I'll try my best to have fun, but I'm just not in the mood, Mommy.'  Don't you think his sweet, fair baby face is just so precious?  
So, anyways, that's a brief sum up of our morning with a little info on where we are with Tavin's speech therapy...up and down (both words that he says so well now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment