Thursday, April 4, 2013

Movin' On Up

Since Penn was born he has enjoyed most of his naps and nights in the mini crib in the office/guest room that adjoins our room on the 2nd floor.  I've put off moving him out of the second floor and into the empty baby nursery on the 3rd floor.  It's been nice to have that free space on the 3rd floor for Koen's rest time and especially nice to give guests that space when they are visiting as it has a real full bed in it instead of the pull-out couch the office offers.  Not to mention it was a wonderful, comfortable, faraway spot to quarantine Koen much of last week during his nasty stomach bug episode.  But it's time to get poor Penn into a regular size crib and a room to himself (mine and Doug's closet is in his room that adjoins ours as well as our office equipment, etc.).  Since the time change a few weeks ago I've just noticed that Penn has not been sleeping as well in between the huge, bright windows in the office (despite the fact I have thick, light blocking curtains).  And then I've been noticing for about 2 months now that he is getting quite large for his little crib in there.  He often gets himself jammed in corners and very frustrated.  All this combined just made me feel like it was the right time to move him on up to the third floor.  I spent some time yesterday re-organizing his gear and clothes and then in the afternoon I laid him down for his afternoon rest up there.  He had no complaints.  Not a peep and a super long nap to boot.  Phew.  Again last night he was happy when I laid him down, did his adorable cooing and chatting before he fell asleep and then not a peep until after 7am.  Then he played happily until a little before 8am when I get him up.  The only little surprise was that both after his nap yesterday and after his sleep this morning, he was on his belly when I went to get him.  He didn't sleep that way, but he now has plenty of room to romp and roam in the big crib and apparently he is taking advantage of it!  

Ok, so now for the sentimental part...I miss him!  We were separated by a wall of course and I haven't had to get up in the night to feed him since last August, but still, it felt good having him close and now he feels so far away!  Just yet another sign of the fact that these little ones grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment