Saturday, August 11, 2012

When Life Gives you Lemons (or Melted Ice Cream)...Get Creative!

So, our fridge/freezer is broken.  Ugh.  Very frustrating.  It's been several days of trying to keep things on ice as we waited for a technician to come and fix it.  Well, today was the appointment.  Doug's working all day today, so it was me, the 3 boys and the fix-it guy.  I knew I needed to keep the boys out of the kitchen and away from asking 18 questions/second while the poor guy was trying to do his job, so I set them up in the backyard.  In a flash of creativity I found some pieces of slate in the basement and decided we should make some art for Nana & PopPop that Koen and Doug will be visiting next week.  The boys loved the project.  Here they are at set up (I had them wash the slate first to make the whole thing take longer)...
Here are the happy painters.  Tavin was so thrilled to be a part of this, he's never painted at home before.  The backyard was a great spot for the first time...minimizes the possibility of a terrible mess!
Tav's tongue out for concentration...so cute!

Koen was very specific about his painting.  (Tav not so much).
Penn slept through basically everything with occasional stirs and open eyes.
This picture looks like, "hmmm, I wonder when I'll be wearing a ridiculously bright orange shirt and painting?"
The boys aren't the only ones getting some special treats out of the frustrating situation of the broken fridge/freezer...I got to eat about 1/3 of a carton of chocolate Breyer's ice cream this afternoon before it totally melted. Yum!  Now I'll have to figure out a solution for all the chicken, leftovers, cheese and other items we have in coolers now.  I'm not eating all of that this afternoon!  Oh yeah, I guess it's obvious, the "fix-it" guy couldn't fix it.  We are waiting for parts and another appointment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment