Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Penn's First Real Bath!

Koen had plans with friends again today (blog post to come with a brief report on his fun adventure today!).  But here at home, Tavin and I had fun giving Penn his first real bath.  Yes, yes, that's right.  Penn is 6 weeks and only just got his first real bath.  That's a lot better than Tavin, my winter baby.  I was afraid Tav would be too cold, so I think I waited 2 or 3 months and just did sponge baths before that.  Penn hasn't really loved his sponge baths, so I was prepared for a lot of crying, but he ended up LOVING the bath.  Never even shed a tear!  Tavin felt so special getting to be my big helper.  Here he is testing the water temperature...
Then he got a little silly for the camera...


Penn's first reaction when I set him in...a smile!


Tavin also got to help "wash" his brother.  Tavin was so into the whole process he didn't want it to end (although when it did, he was trying to be super helpful and he put the wet, used washcloths back in the drawer with the clean ones...oh Tavin).



A few more cute pictures of Penn enjoying his warm bath.


And then he was so cute in his hooded towel, so here's probably way too many pictures...



Then Penn was in such a happy mood after I got his diaper on, I decided to try and capture some smiles on camera.  I got lucky and grabbed a few more sweet pictures of my littlest man.





Well, that's it.  Yeah, I know, I went a little overboard documenting the first bath, but there were just too many good photo opps.  Thanks to Tavin for having a blast with this chore/baby moment.  What a good big brother (and a fun little helper)!

No comments:

Post a Comment