Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Vacation - NH, Part VIII

Thursday
Doug and Koen woke up in PA and Tavin, Penn & I woke up in NH.  Strange to be away from each other after our nice, long family vaca, but we all had a great day in our respective locations.  Koen and Doug had a great morning with Nana & PopPop.  I haven't gotten the full run-down, but here are some pictures I received when they were out on their fishing excursion.

Doug and Koen left Nana & PopPop's around 1pm and made it home in great time (with a stop at an awesome bent & broken store where we stock up on all sorts of dry goods).  Here's a pretty tired looking Koen out to dinner later that night.  (Remember, our fridge is broken, so the poor guys don't really have anything fresh to eat, just lots of pantry goods...Doug never minds a good excuse to go out though!).
Doug said the house looks good and our garden is out of control.  Here's the tomatoes he picked.  Filled a 9x13 pan!
Now, back to our yesterday here in NH.  It was really nice to have the peace and quiet of Koen not being here.  Tavin can be loud, but he can also be pretty chill.  Most of yesterday he seemed to enjoy having Gramma & Grampa's attention more to himself (a little saved for Penn of course) and I really enjoyed my special moments with him.  In the morning he played outside and got to play in Grampa's Jeep.

At midday, Tavin and I played in the backyard at the baby pool and enjoyed our lunch outside again.  Tavin loves Gramma's watering can.  It's a little tough to manage, but he did a great job watering just about everything. =)


After naptime we played outside again.  I love just letting the kids run around up here and not being so worried about traffic, crazy people taking them, etc.  Tavin and I pushed Penn around in the stroller while he agoo'd at the sky.  Pretty pleasant!  The rest of the night was pretty standard except for the special treat of lobster again!  Mom and I loved it!  Then I got Tav to bed, fed Penn and then got him to bed.  I'm on a mission to get him to bed earlier so that his fussy time isn't so long and frustrating.  It seems to be going quite well.  So far I'm up to getting him to sleep around 8:30pm.  Then I wake him up at 10pm to eat and then he goes back down pretty quickly until the morning.  Hopefully our big travels tomorrow don't set us back!

Friday
Our last day in NH!  I'm getting excited about getting home and into a norm, especially as Koen heads to Kindergarten next Thursday.  Tavin seems a little lost without his brother today and keeps asking when he will be going on the airplane.  Penn doesn't really have a clue, so his day looks pretty much the same as always.  We did have one fun thing planned this morning.  I met up at a playground with two high school friends (they're sisters) and all their kids.  It was so neat to meet up as moms and catch up for about an hour and a half.  Tavin didn't socialize much as he was very into what the playground had to offer.  I was obviously really into chatting with my friends as I took no pictures!  Thanks to Rebecca and Laura for coordinating though.  It was so great to see you and your beautiful kids!  After our fun hangout, Tavin and I came home, had lunch, fed Penn and now the little boys are napping.  I need to head for a little shut-eye as it will be a late night tonight.  Probably won't walk in the house door until midnight after our late-ish flight from MHT to PIT.  Pray for safe travels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment