Thursday, May 3, 2012

Playgroup & Porch Views

Today was playgroup at Osceola.  We had another nice turnout and fabulous (although surprisingly warm) weather.  Koen was super excited because there were several other 5 year olds there to play with.  Tavin mostly hung around with me or pushed the stroller.  At one point though, I found him on the big shaky bridge all by himself.  He was quite proud of himself.
Koen was so busy with his friends, I couldn't really catch a shot of him.  Here's one tiny spy shot I got.
Although the playground was a blast, I think the highlight of the boys' morning was what we came back to when we got home.  They are repaving one of the roads we live on and all the equipment was working right beside our house.  We stayed on the porch for 45 minutes after we got home, all the way until I had to lay down Tavin.  It was super loud, but very exciting. Here's just a glimpse of how glued to the activity the boys were.  I love this about boys.  They love machinery, vehicles, noise, projects, etc.  Such a good thing for little boys that live in a busy city like ours.  

I have to give Tavin really big props too.  They seriously have been backing up with their beeping back up raps, jackhammering and scraping asphalt all afternoon and Tavin has been asleep since before 2pm (it's now 4pm).  Pretty impressive!  He must have been tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment